Peter and Mark, brothers,
Peter: Mark, I’m feeling kind of sad. About your marriage.
Mark: Um...That’s kind of fucked up, man.
Peter: I’m bummed about it too.
Mark: ...?
Peter: You met her when you were 23. I’m 22. I feel like I
have 365 days left to find my reproductive partner or face the death of my
gene-line.
Mark: Gene-line?
Peter: My genes not getting passed on I mean.
Mark: We’re brothers. We have very similar genes. And I’m
gonna have kids, so don’t worry.
Peter: You have much better genes.
Mark: See, even better.
Peter: I guess.
Mark: You still have time to find someone, you can get
married when you’re fifty. They don’t limit that shit.
Peter: I just want a companion. Someone to go to a movie
with and share popcorn with.
Mark: Grandma’s always up for stuff like that. I’m always up
for stuff like that.
Peter: If I wait till I’m fifty to get married I’ll have to
find a woman younger than forty two-ish if I want to have like tons of babies
and not just a slim chance at having one.
And, honestly, I don’t want to date women younger than me, ever, it feels
weird, like, there was a moment in time when I was alive and they didn’t even
exist. All I want is a lady my age who looks at me and feels lucky to be with
me, to get to look at me all she wants, except when she sleeps.
Mark: If you want a girl that finds you very attractive you
gotta target ugly chicks.
Peter: Ugh. First off, the term ugly chicks is mean. Second
off, I don’t like ugly chicks.
Mark: I don’t mean they were made ugly by God, I just mean
they’re ugly to me. Date someone
you’re not completely into and you’ll always keep control in the relationship.
Peter: Are you not completely into Ashley?
Mark: Now I am, yeah, of course, but when we started dating?
Nothing.
Peter: I want a girl who looks at me and sees what I have to
offer, not what I lack, which may or may not be more than what I have to offer.
I want a girl that sees real worth in me and would do anything to hold onto me.
I know it sounds stiffling.
Mark: A little bit.
Peter: But if I’m with someone like that and I feel like
that for her, our marriage will never fail, because no matter what problems
come up between us, we’ll fight endlessly to find a way to end the fights. Like
mom and Dad. They still fight every day, but now after every fight, they
apologize. And I think the apologies are mostly sincere.
Mark: Do not base any
relationship on mom and dad. Look at them, their relationship has given each
of them long-term depression.
Peter: But—
Mark: No.
Peter: But—
Mark: Nope.
Peter: I—
Mark: Not gonna happen. You’re not gonna do it. I’ll standup
at your wedding when they say if anyone has any objections and I’ll take out my
penis and pee on your wife’s father to ensure the end of your relationship.
Peter: little drastic.
Mark: I’m serious. I’ll pee on her dad.
Peter: Mom and dad have had their problems, sure, but
they’ve fought to keep their relationship intact.
Mark: They got divorced.
Peter: Yes. Yes. Alright, fair. But they’re dating each
other again, and in the four years they were apart, they didn’t fuck anyone
else. They must have battled intense sexual frustration.
Mark: We don’t know they didn’t fuck anyone else. That’s an
assumption. All we know is they are now
fucking each other.
Peter: Right, well, I want that. Despite the beautiful,
darling, antiseptic romance my sweet darling princess Julia [who gave me my
worth as a person] and I had, she left me because she thought I was insecure. I
don’t know whether she realized her breaking up with me was gonna make it
worse. But I want the kind of wife that even if she leaves me, she’ll come back
because she loves me so much that she’ll do anything to fix the problems we
have so that someday soon we continue our passionate love-making slash
companionship slash fucking.
Mark: Find someone that is more compatible with you than mom
is with dad. Unless instability excites you.
Peter: But their incompatibility made us so unless you hate
yourself, that could be a good thing, I could have kids just like us.
Mark: We already exist. Make new kids.
Peter: I feel so lonely...and I’m very happy you are getting
married! But I wish your wedding included me also getting married, maybe not
beside you, but the next slot at the same church the same day. Wait, no, beside
you.
Mark: Peter, promise me something, promise me tomorrow, at
my Wedding, when you give your speech, you won’t--
Peter: --Talk about my loneliness?
Mark:...
Peter: All I can say is that my speech is going to be
sincere, masterful, and heartbreaking.
Mark: Peter.
Peter: Mark.
Mark: Peter.
Peter: Mark.
Mark: ...
Peter: Have I ever let you down?
Mark:...
Peter: Don’t answer that. In the way that I mean it, the answer’s no.
Peter: Don’t answer that. In the way that I mean it, the answer’s no.
Mark: Am I going to be happy with the speech?
Peter: [nodding] if you’re human.
Mark: I’m gonna go get ready for the rehearsal dinner, be
ready by 6 or you’ll have to walk there and it’s pouring and as you may
remember, we don’t own umbrellas.
Peter: You should get Ashley to convince her sister to marry
me.
Mark: Marie has a boyfriend.
Peter: I’m just saying, if that fails...
Mark: You’ll find someone. Don’t fuck it up tomorrow.
Peter: [smiling] I think we both know Marie’s relationship
is gonna fail.
CUT TO BLACK.
No comments:
Post a Comment